Though there are relatively few natural beaches here in the Keys, (geographically, they're actually a few miles offshore and underwater) here are a few spots to unwind while hubby is out fishing...or even fish during your stay.
- Gilberts Resort
MM 107.9 305-451-1133 Key Largo
small sandy beach, pool, tiki bar and restaurant
- Port Bouganville Naturalist Site
- John Pennekamp State Park
MM 102.5 305-451-1621 Key Largo
- beach, aquarium, boat rentals, diving and snorkeling trips available & canoe rentals for fishing the mangroves.
- Key Largo Community Park and Jacobs Aquatic Center
- MM 99.6 Key Largo
- pool, track exercise area
- Harry Harris Park FS
- MM 92.5 305-852-7161 Tavernier
- sandy beach, bathrooms, picnic areas, fishing and swimming, wadeable flats on the north end
- Islamorada Founders Park
- MM 86.5 (305) 853-1685 Islamorada
- beach, tennis, pool, field sports
- Holiday Isle Resort
- MM 84.5 305.664.2321, Islamorada
- beach, shopts, watersports, tiki bar restrooms
- Library Park
- MM 81.5 Islamorada
- Behind the Islamorada public Library, playground, picnic benches beach. Quiet little spot
- Billboard Beach FS
- MM 75 Islamorada
- Long stretch of wadeable flats, stay clear of the sea oats!, They're protected
- Matecumbe Public Beach FS
- MM 73.5 Islamorada
- Large stretch of beach for shallow swimming, wading the flats
- Anne's Beach FS
- MM 72.5 Islamorada
- Oceanfront nature boardwalk, sandy beach, picnic tables and restrooms, bonefishing on the sandy flat also!
- Long Key State Park FS
- MM 67.5 305-664-4815 Long Key
- A very large park, with wadeable flats (keep your eyes open for the bonefish) trails, canoeing, campsites, lots of history and plant/animal life.
305 393-2587 cell or email
Specializing in sight fishing for bonefish, tarpon, redfish and permit on fly or light tackle.